“Still round the corner, there may wait. A new road, or a secret gate. “
How to visit South Korea from India?
With the unimaginable influence casted over the world by so many K-Dramas, the sensational K-Pop Music, Gangnam Style and the magical nation itself, South Korea has been growing in the minds of people from different corners of the world. The Korean Wave is absolutely real and has no stopping whatsoever!
The Indian travelers have been planning and visiting the Land of the Morning Calm since many years and it is also becoming one of our most favorite places to experience and explore!
Here is quite straight forward guide for one and all from India who wants to travel to the incredible places like Seoul, Busan, etc. and wants to know just How to Visit South Korea from India? Find out the best budget friendly tips to travel from India to South Korea along with the best flight timings and rates, best time to visit, VISA application process and the cost of a trip to the beautiful land of South Korea all at one place here at TravelSole!
Let’s Get It!
How can I go to South Korea from India?
Being an island nation, South Korea can be visited by two major transportation options – by Air and by Sea.
The fastest and easiest way to Visit South Korea from India is to take a flight from any major city to the destination city of choice. But that could charge you a lot if you do not research correctly right? Well, I have done the work for you!
Most of the popular flights fly almost daily from major metro cities of India like New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Cochin, Kolkata and Hyderabad.
The best and cheapest option to reach South Korea from India via flight would be to take a flight to the Incheon International Airport, Incheon (situated at a distance of about 50 kilometers from the capital city of Seoul).
April is said to be the cheapest month to travel to the beautiful island nation from India. The most popular and also the cheapest option to travel to South Korea from India is to get a flight from New Delhi.
Let’s find out the fastest as well as the cheapest flight option available from New Delhi as per SkyScanner.
*to and fro means journey from New Delhi to Incheon and back, respectively
*the prices provided are as per the results shown on skyscanner for the search done on 28th July 2021. The rates may change.
PS – As told in my blog post about Best Travel Hacks to Save Money in 2021, always check two to three Airfare Search Engines before actually booking for the best choice.
Cruises are for the more luxury seeking travelers out their who have that disposable income to spend on a delightful and luxurious Cruise to get from one place to another. Not only the money, but also the time which is required for a journey through sea to reach the destination.
The second very luxurious and not-quite-affordable option for travelers heading to South Korea is via the sea route. But, before you head out searching for the prices, STOP! The thing about cruise to South Korea is that India does not have any direct cruises to the Land of Morning Calm as of yet.
It is included in the ways to travel to South Korea from India, well because many people like to add a cruising opportunity to their travel plans.
You can include this entertaining travelling option into your itinerary if you happen to plan a larger scale trip. Cruises to South Korea can be found from Singapore, China, etc..
The conclusion would be that the best way to actually have an amazing experience of travelling to South Korea from India is absolutely a flight!
Do Indian citizens need visa for South Korea?
Short Answer – YES!
Long Answer –
South Korean Tourist Visa is a must have for all Indians heading to the nation for recreational purposes.
The Single Entry South Korean Tourist VISA is valid for 3 months from the date of your departure. And can be easily registered by heading to the nearest embassy to your location. Also you can actually visit sites like y-axis.com to get more information about the VISA types and prices and also to apply for a VISA online.
Post registration and submitting the required documents, you will have to wait for another 4 to 5 days to actually receive your VISA.
- A valid passport
- Passport size photos
- Old passports and visa
- A copy of your completed and signed visa application form
- Details about your itinerary
- Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings
- Copy of return ticket
- A cover letter with all the required details about your itinerary
- Proof that you have enough finances to fund your visit
- Salary slip for last 6 months
- Income tax returns for last 3 years
- Travel insurance
Cost For Tourist VISA for South Korean from India
|Single Entry VISA||INR 2,800/-|
|Multiple Entry VISA||INR 6,300/-|
How much does it cost to go to South Korea from India?
Planning a trip to South Korea or any place for that matter comes with this question first and foremost, “If it is affordable to go there or not?” “How much would it all cost?” right? Well, as far as the currency is concerned, 1 INR = 15.53 Won. Which means INR is a stronger currency than Won. This gives us Indians a great cost efficiency when having a meal or shopping around the beautiful places to visit in Seoul.
- Won is the South Korean Currency. They also take and accept US dollars at most of the major places, shopping complexes or even for a few activities. Many good hotels and markets can help you with the quality money exchange too.
- As far as the major cost of heading from India to South Korea is concerned, the airfare will be of major percentage in there. Let’s say we book the cheapest flight we can (that’s the one via Singapore Airlines @INR 38.5K with 1 major 21 hour stop at Singapore- you can explore that too if you have a Singapore transit VISA, btw.)
- The next step would be the cost of cabs or transfer charges in the country, right? Well as per our research and asking few close friends about it, we have found that transportation in South Korea is actually quite cost effective. You can use metro and/or public buses to travel to major places around the major city of Seoul pretty comfortably.
The Blue Buses in Seoul cost around 1300Won (INR 83.7) and travel far away distances.
- As for the attractions in the city of Seoul and other places around, the entrance fee starts from INR 500 to INR 2000 per person.
- An average cost of an Indian Meal in South Korea could cost you not more than 7,000Won or INR 450. BTW, you can find so many Indian food restaurants spread all over the capital city of Seoul at major places.
- As for the other major percentage for travelling anywhere around the world, the cost of an average accommodation can be subjective in South Korea. You can find places to stay in ranging from as low as INR 1500 to as high as INR 21000+ per night per room. On an average, the hotel cost in Seoul will be somewhere around INR 3000 to INR 6000. Let’s look at the average hotel prices as per the star category –
**The Average cost you need to have for a well arranged trip to South Korea from India should be somewhere around INR 60,000 to INR 80,000 per person for a 6 days 5 nights tour!
PS- Comment down below if you people want a budget friendly itinerary setup covering most of the major places and experiences in South Korea from India under 50,000 INR!
With that, this blog post ends here. You can also tell me what other places I should tell about here in the All Questions Answered Series.
그게 다 친구야 – that’s all folks!!